To international applicants


[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#e6e6e6″ link_color=”#e6e6e6″ size=”1″ margin=”0″]

Who is counted as an international applicant?

Foreign citizens, stateless persons and Russian compatriots living abroad.

Who can help international applicants?

The Admission Office helps during all stages of enrollment.

Department for work with foreign students of the International Affairs Office consults on different questions and, if necessary, provides the contact information of other MSUPE facilities. The questions can be related to an invitation, a visa, registration, accommodation, education, etc. 

Where can I find the information about submittion?

The page “International Applicants”

Is it possible to study for free?

Full degree education for international students can be state-funded. The admission type depends on several factors. Check the best option for you here.

Do I need to know the Russian language?

The full degree educational programs are available in Russian, and therefore, for successful studying foreign applicants who do not speak the language at a sufficient level should attend preparatory courses. The Department for work with foreign students can help you find a place in verified organizations of affordable cost (in the absence of free options). 

Is there a dorm provided?

MSUPE does not own a dorm, but helps to get a place in partner organizations and shares information about other types of accommodation.

What should I pay attention to?

International cooperation helps to simplify the process of admission of international applicants. Depending on which country you are from, the following features change:

– opportunity to compete on equal terms with Russian applicants;
– need to provide additional documents: for admission on equal terms, you may need to confirm your right to participate in it;
– way to legalize documents;
– way to confirm the education document of the other country. 

How can I get a visa for studying at MSUPE?

A study visa is required if there is a visa regime between Russia and your home country. To obtain a study visa to enter Russia, you need to receive an invitation. If you are enrolled in MSUPE by the state quota competition, the invitation is sent by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. If you are enrolled on equal terms, the invitation is sent by MSUPE (Sector for Work with Foreign Students).

The received invitation is submitted, among other necessary documents, to your local consular institution of the Russian Federation.

This process takes some time, so we recommend starting all the procedures in advance before the courses start.

What should I know about arrival?

The applicant should not arrive in Russia before receiving the confirmation from MSUPE.

Before arriving in Russia, it is necessary to notify the Department for work with foreign students at least 10 days in advance ( about the date of entry into Russia.

In addition to standard documents such as an identity document and a visa (if there is a visa regime), you need to get a COVID-19 negative PCR test result. The test must be done no earlier than 3 calendar days (72 hours) before entering the country and is exposed in Russian or English.

When crossing the border, a foreign citizen receives a migration card, which must be kept for the whole period of stay.

The second PCR test is required within 72 hours after entering the territory of Russia. Before receiving the test results, it is necessary to be in self-isolation at the place of stay. During the isolation period, you visit study courses online until receiving a negative result.

More details about the requirements of arrival: here
More details about the requirements of stay: