MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY OF PSYCHOLOGY AND EDUCATION (RUSSIA)
FEDERAL RESOURCE CENTER FOR ORGANIZATION OF COMPREHENSIVE SUPPORT TO CHILDREN WITH ASD (RUSSIA)
INTERDISCIPLINARY COUNCIL ON DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING (USA)
International scientific-practical conference
Innovations in Autism Interventions:Research and Practice of DIRFloortime®
April 22-24, 2019
Conference organizers: Moscow State University of Psychology and Education (Russia), Federal Resource Center for Organization of Comprehensive Support to Children with ASD (Russia), Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (USA)
Media partners of the conference: Russian Agency of International Information «RIA Novosti» (“Social Navigator” project), Russian News Agency TASS, Agency for Social Information (ASI), “Psychological Science and Education” Journal, “Education Herald” Journal, “Autism and Developmental Disorders” Journal (Russia), “Teacher’s Newspaper” Publishing House, “Psychological-Educational PSYEDU.RU” Electronic Journal, Russian Psychological Issues PsyJournals.ru.
Call for participation. Teachers, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, special education teachers, social workers, tutors, parents and self-advocates are invited to participate in this conference.
Conference objective: sharing of experience using DIRFloortime® model to support children with ASD.
Key topics of the conference:
- Understanding ASD from DIRFloortime® prospective
- DIRFloortime® as an interdisciplinary model of working with children with ASD that includes fields such as occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, psychology and education.
- Specifics of DIRFloortime® model in regards to working with kids with ASD
- DIRFloortime® methodology: assessing individual differences of children with ASD.
- Types of developmental support for children with ASD within the DIRFloortime® framework.
- Types of support of children with behavioral challenges using DIRFloortime® model
- DIRFloortime® strategies within individual and small group situations in an educational setting.
The program of the conference is equivalent to DIR 101 course offered by ICDL (USA). For more information on the DIRFloortime® program please visit this page: http://www.icdl.com/education/dirfloortime
Conference format: lectures, presentations, seminars, master-classes, panel discussions
Conference level: international
Conference languages: Russian and English
Following the conference, a special issue of the Journal “Autism and Developmental Disorders” (Russia) will be published on the use of DIRFloortime® in working with children with ASD. Link to the journal page on the portal of psychological publications: http://psyjournals.ru/en/autism/
- Amanda Binns, MS, SLP, Expert Training Leader DIRFloortime Certificate, Speech & Language Matters;
- Jeffrey Guenzel, MA, LPC, Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning CEO;
- Galina Itskovich, LCSW, PC, Clinical Consultant, Expert Training Leader DIRFloortime Certificate;
- Ekaterina Sidor, MA, ICDL Deputy Director;
- Virginia Spielmann, MSOT, Executive Director of the STAR Institute for Sensory Processing Disorders, Expert Training Leader DIRFloortime Certificate;
CONFERENCE VENUE & TIMING
Conference dates and timing. April 22 – April 24, 10 am – 6 pm.
Venue. Moscow State University of Psychology and Education (MSUPE),
29, Sretenka st., Moscow, “Sukharevskaya” Metro station
For the participation, electronic registration is required on the portal of Federal Resource Center.
- Регистрация на русском языке https://autism-frc.ru/work/events/662
- Registration in English https://autism-frc.ru/en/news/672
Registration Deadline is March 31, 2019
Conference participation is free of charge.
Travel expenses to the conference are covered by the sending side.
By the results of the conference participants will be issued certificates that will allow them to register for the next level in the DIRFloortime® certification program — DIR 201 course.
CALL FOR PUBLICATIONS IN SPECIAL ISSUE OF THE
“AUTISM AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS” JOURNAL (RUSSIA)
Articles that meet the established requirements and subject matter of the publication are called for publication. Requirements for the publication are posted here: http://psyjournals.ru/en/autism/authorinstructions/
Publication in the Journal is free
Manuscripts can be submitted by the editorial e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of the e-mail: publication on DIRFloortime
CONTACTS OF THE CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS
Bormotina Viktoria, Assistant of the director of the Federal Resource Center,
Conference webpage https://autism-frc.ru/en/news/672