The Head of the Institute –
Doctor in Psychology, prof. Vladimir A. Barabanshikov
The Institute of Experimental Psychology was established in 2016. The institute implements a research program in the field of experimental psychology, which corresponds to the modern international level.
The main goal research & education of the institute is to study the fundamental mechanisms of cognitive processes, human conditions, activities and communication.
Currently, the key tasks of the institute are:
• organization and conduction of experimental psychological research
• teaching students, graduate students and trainees the basics of modern hardware experiment
• development of the methodological basis of experimental psychology
• development of objective methods for recording psychophysiological indicators in the perception of information products
• identification of age patterns and individual characteristics of the perception of information products
• study of the effectiveness of information and communication tools in teaching students
• development of methods of psychological and pedagogical examination of products for children
As part of the research conducted at the institute, modern natural scientific methods of psychological research are used, such as: the oculography method (recording eye movements when perceiving environmental objects), a polygraph, a neuro-computer interface method, a polyposition observation method, methods for recording psychophysiological indicators and etc. These objective instrumental methods find their application both in the framework of practice (classical psychological diagnostics, counseling and therapy), as well as in the framework of applied and fundamental scientific research.
This work is mainly based on the provisions of the cognitive-communicative approach (B.F. Lomov, V.A. Drummers, V.N. Nosulenko). In the course of the work, the following research methods are used: polypositional observation, verbal-communicative methods, psychosemantic methods, methods for recording eye movements and psychophysiological indicators.
More about the Institute on it`s webpage