The 7th ISCAR Summer University for PhD students & young scholars was held in Moscow State University of Psychology & Education on July, 3 – 8, 2017. The program brought together professors & young scholars from all over the world to discuss different aspects of theory & methodology of cultural-historical psychology & activity approach.
The ISCAR SU program included lectures, seminars and discussion sessions by leading world experts in the field of cultural-historical psychology:
• «Cultural-historical scientific school: the issues that L.S. Vygotsky brought up» (Rubtsov V.V. – Rector of MSUPE, Professor, Head of the International UNESCO Chair “Cultural-historical psychology of childhood”, Russia)
• «On the modern approaches to studies of learning and development in tradition of cultural-historical scientific school» (Daniels H.R. – Professor of Education at Oxford University, Director of the Centre for Sociocultural and Activity Theory Research, UK)
• «Value aspect in intercultural communication» (Metropolitan Ignatius (Pologrudov S.G.), Metropolitan of Argentina and South America, PhD in Psychology, Argentina)
• «Cultural-historical psychology. Introduction into the basic concepts of the theory»
• «Perezhivanie as a psychological phenomenon and theoretical concept» (Veresov N.N. – Member of the Executive Committee of ISCAR, Professor at Monash University, Australia)
• «On the reconstruction of the fundamental theoretical and methodological principles of the theory of L.S. Vygotsky in modern social and scientific contexts» (Dafermos E. – Member of the Executive Committee of ISCAR, Associate Professor in Epistemology of Psychology at the Department of Psychology, The University of Crete, Greece)
Also the ISCAR SU program included following round tables:
• «Modern research in the scientific school of L.S. Vygotsky: challenges and perspectives» (Moderators: Dafermos E. – Member of the Executive Committee of ISCAR, Professor at the University of Crete (Greece), Veresov N.N. – Member of the Executive Committee of ISCAR, Professor at Monash University (Australia), Rubtsova O.V. Assistant Professor at Moscow State University of Psychology & Education (Russia))
• «Applying cultural-historical theory in social practices» (Moderators: Alekhina S.V. – Head of the Institute of Integrated (Inclusive) Education Problems of MSUPE (Russia), Porter J. – Professor of Education at the University of Reading (UK), Kloetzer L. – Assistant Professor at the Centre for Research in Sociocultural Psychology, University of Neuchâtel (Switzerland), Fidalgo S. – Professor at the Federal University of São Paulo (Brazil));
and special activities:
• «Cultural-historical psychology and activity approach as the basis of pedagogical education practices. Implementing the project of teacher education modernization in Russian Federation» (Margolis A.A. – First Vice-Rector of MSUPE, Professor of International UNESCO Chair MSUPE “Cultural-historical psychology of childhood”, Russia)
• «Reading and understanding L.S. Vygotsky “Historical meaning of psychological crisis» (Dafermos E. – Member of the Executive Committee of ISCAR, Professor at the University of Crete, Greece).
In the framework of ISCAR SU 2017 scientific projects of all young scholars – participants were presented.
The ISCAR SU 2017 materials are published in a special collection of abstracts in English language.
Learn more about the ISCAR SU on the official website: http://iscarschool.com