Faculty of Educational Psychology prepares specialists that can provide psychological assistance to the population in educational institutions of Moscow, and also in psychological and psycho-medico-social centers, research institutes and corporate training centers.
The Faculty has modern scientific, technical and information base, highly qualified teaching staff that appreciates and takes into account the individual capabilities of the student. The main achievement of of the Faculty – is the creation of educational programs of the European level.
The Faculty provides a real opportunity to get a modern European education, to become master of psychology in one of the leading universities of the European Community, to obtain a European diploma.
In the framework of international agreements the Faculty trains students and graduate students from the neighboring and EU countries.
The program ‘University for a beginner psychologist’ is implemented for entrants of the Faculty.
Education. The Faculty gives higher and postgraduate education, and also offers courses of advanced training and retraining.
Directions of training and specialties:
– Educational Psychology,
– Psychology and Pedagogy of primary education
“Pedagogy and Psychology of Students’ Education”
“Psychology and Pedagogy of developmental education of junior schoolchildren”
“Methodical provision of the education system”
“Psychological prosperity of children and adolescents ”
Forms of education: full-time, part-time, extramural
Within this direction of training 37.06.01 “Psychological Sciences” (level of training of highly qualified staff) graduate students are trained on the Faculty on scientific specialties:
Educational Psychology (19.00.07)
Development Psychology (19.00.13)
According to a scientific specialty “Development Psychology, Acmeology” (19.00.13) doctoral students are trained.
The Faculty also has courses of advanced training in the field of pre-school practical psychology or perinatal psychology (entrants should have basic secondary or higher education in the field of psychology, social work, pedagogy and education, medicine). Training is carried out at the Department of Preschool Pedagogy and Psychology and at the Department of Developmental Psychology.
Science. Teaching staff of the Faculty carefully preserves and creatively develops the underlying principles of scientific schools of L.S. Vygotsky, A.N. Leontiev, L.I. Bozovic, A.V. Zaporozhets, D.B. Elkonin, M.I. Lisina, P.Y. Galperin, V.V. Davydov.
Areas of research:
• development of periodization of mental development of the child corresponding to the general character of modern childhood
• studying options of the development of individual personality of children
• studying the creative potential of the child and the means of its implementation
• studying symptoms of age-related crises
• definition of the social and cultural norms of development of the child in modern society
• identification of conditions that ensure the overcoming of life’s obstacles (dependencies logoneuroses, sensory deprivation, etc.)
• development of methods for diagnosis metasubject and personal educational outcomes of pupils
• psychology of art and artistic development of children
• studying emotional well-being of students and psychological security of the educational environment
• peculiarities of the development of modern preschool child
• psychological and pedagogical problems of modern games of preschool children
• psychological and pedagogical support of parenthood
• features of education of children of various ethnic cultures
• psychological and pedagogical support of children with special needs
Teachers of the faculty are actively involved in the work of ISCAR international scientific community.
There is internship on all forms of education in order to form the most important professional competencies. During the internship bachelor and master students learn to solve real pedagogical and psychological problems.
The basic organizations for internship of the Faculty – are innovative organizations that have developed psychological service and implement developing educational programs.
More about the Faculty on its`webpage