The main objective of the Faculty – is training of professional psychological and psycho-pedagogical staff to work with people whose profession is associated with risk.
Directions of training and specialties:
• 37.05.02 Psychology of service activity, qualification “Psychologist”, specialization “Psychological support of service activity in extreme conditions” (full-time education, training period 5 years)
• 37.04.01 Psychology, qualification “Master”, master program “Psychological assistance of children and adolescent affected by extreme situations”, “Psychology of professions of special risk” (full-time education, training period 2 years, Department of scientific bases of extreme psychology )
• 44.04.02 Psycho-pedagogical education, master’s program “Psychology of security in education” qualification “Master” (full-time education, training period 2 years)
Science. The faculty conducts research work in the field of “Psychological support of specialists of professions of special risk (for example, staff serving with weapons in the correctional system of Russia).”
The research work is based on the analysis of the results of complex psychodiagnostic examination of staff and of socio-psychological research of service groups of special purpose, department of escort (division), protection departments of correctional institutions and detention centers, carried out in 2005-2011 in 43 regional offices of the correctional system.
The main directions of research:
• process improvement of professional psychological selection in these units
• optimization of the socio-psychological climate in collectives of special units
• formation of staff group cohesion
According to the results of the research monograph was prepared with the working title: “Psychological support of specialists of professions of special risk (for example, staff serving with weapons in the correctional system of Russia)”.
The structure of the faculty. The faculty includes:
• Department of scientific bases of extreme psychology (degree-granting)
• Training-and-production Laboratory
More about the faculty on its` webpage