CENTER FOR NEUROCOGNITIVE RESEARCH (MEG-CENTER) was founded in 2008. Registration system MEG (magnetoencephalography) for neurophysiological and psychophysiological researchis installed in the center. It applies to locate sources of neuronal activity.
The Center Staff study:
- cerebral mechanisms of regulation in the processes of attention and perception by norm and by autism;
- the dynamics of interaction of neural ensembles in the process of elementary visual functions;
- mechanisms of verbal information processing and language teaching;
- brain processes, preceding cognitive assessment by visual information processing;
- neurobiological mechanisms of perceptual decision making in uncertain situations;
- new approaches to the space-time dynamics analysis of the electromagnetic activity of the distributed neuronal networks of human brain;
- new approaches to the non-invasive brain mapping with the help of a complex analysis of the magnetoencephalography data (MEG) and structural magnetic resonance tomography (MRT).
The Center offers teaching of:
- technologies of registration and analysis of magnetoencephalography data;
- conducting psychophysiological experimental research of brain resources of attention, memory emotions and self-regulation with the help of EEG, ECG and GSR;
- psychological research methods, including the assessment of intellectual development, temperament and other psychological characteristics;
- neuropsychological computer diagnostics with the help of testing set CANTABeclipse;
- original methods of diagnostics of prefrontal neocortex functions in infancy and early childhood, elaborated by the Center’s specialists.
The Center organizes high-accuracy presurgical diagnostics of patients before neurosurgeries with the help of magnetoencephalography in the framework of scientific collaboration with BurdenkoNeurosergery Institute.
MEG-Center disposes of equipment, that has no analogues in Russia, and in 2011 it was included in the list of the unique stands and plants of the Russian Federation (http://www.ckp-rf.ru/usu/77726/). Center’s technological basis allows to conduct research that is highly competitive in the international scientific environment.
- measures weak magnetic fields, generated by big populations of brain neurons;
- allows to give high-accuracy assessment of the changes in cerebral cortex;
- together with the data, received from a structural MRT, allows to locate the sources of the brain’s pathological activity;
At present MEG is applied in worldwide practice for research:
- in the field of rehabilitation (investigation of brain functions’ reorganization after injuries, forecasting of the necessity of therapy treatment after various traumas, assessment of efficiency of rehabilitation procedures);
- in the field of functional neurosurgery particularly in the treatment of chronic painful syndromes and consequences of brain and spinal cord traumas;
- in the field of diagnostics and monitoring of psychic disorders, neurodegenerative diseases and cerebrovascular lesions.
The Center (on a contractual basis):
- conducts joint interdisciplinary research with scientific, medical and educational organizations;
- provides its equipment and services of the highly qualified staff for collecting data on various research topics;
- offers various courses.
Address: Shelepichinskaya emb., 2A. Room 408, 410, 411, 412.
Tel.: 8 (499) 256-45-13; 8(499)259-97-97
More information about the Center on the website