International Symposium “Scientific school of Vygotsky: traditions and innovations”
The opening ceremony was held by the rector of MSUPE, professor Vitaly Vladimirovich Rubtsov, and by the President of the International ISKAR Society, Professor Malcolm Reed. The leading world experts in the field of cultural-historical psychology and activity theory took part in the Symposium, including Harry Daniels (director of the Centre for Sociocultural and Activity Theory Research of Oxford University, Professor (UK), Dr. Anne-Nelly Perret-Clermont (Professor of the University of Neuchatel (Switzerland), Manolis Dafermakis (Dafermos) (Professor of the University of Crete; member of the Executive Committee of the international society ISCAR (Greece).
The plenary session began with a report of the rector of MSUPE V.V. Rubtsov on the topic: “Current research in the scientific school of L.S. Vygotsky “. Reports were also made by:
• Daniels H.R.“Research into Interdisciplinary social practices: L.S.Vygotsky`s influence”
• Perret Clermont A.N. and Perret J.F. “The influence of the ideas of L.S.Vygotsky and J.Piaget on modern research of development problem”
• Reed M.J. “The problems of modern cultural and activity research: from personal experience as President of the International Society of Culturalhistorical Activity Research (ISCAR)”
The round table “New approaches to the study of learning and development in the context of cultural-historical psychology and activity theory” took place on the second day of the Symposium. The round table was held by:
• Veresov N.N. – Professor at Monash University, member of the Executive Committee of International Society for Cultural Activity Research – ISCAR (Australia)
• Dafermos E. – Professor at the University of Crete, member of the Executive Committee of International Society for Cultural Activity Research – ISCAR (Greece)
• Rubtsova O.V. – Head of the Center for interdisciplinary research of childhood, MSUPE (Russia)
Reports were made by:
• Chuprikova N.I., Main scientific researcher in the Psychological Institute of Russian Academy of Education, Professor (Russia), “Children’s playground in the context of cultural-historical psychology”
• Obukhova L.F., Head of the Chair of Developmental psychology of the Faculty of Educational psychology, MSUPE, Professor (Russia), “Development of ideas of L.S.Vygotsky’s theory in the approach of P.Y.Halperin”
• Elkoninova L.I., Senior researcher of the Institute of preschool education and family upbringing RAE, member of International psychological organization ISSBD, Professor of the Department of developmental psychology, MSUPE (Russia),“The feeling of self-activity in the role play of preschooler”
• Smirnova E.O., Head of the Centre for psychological and pedagogical expertise of games and toys MSUPE, Professor (Russia)“Children’s playground in the context of cultural-historical psychology”
• Rubtsova O.V. Head of the Center for interdisciplinary research of childhood, MSUPE, Professor (Russia), “Ideas of L.S. Vygotsky, I.P. Pavlov and H. Werner for modern psychology“
The Symposium attracted the attention of psychologists, teachers, young scientists, postgraduates, students and specialists from different fields of scientific knowledge. Abstracts of the participants of the symposium were published in Russian and English languages.
The end of the Symposium was immediately followed by the opening ceremony of the 6th International ISCAR Summer University, which lasted until July 3rd.
Videos of the live broadcast of the International Symposium at the Moscow State University of Psychology and Education: