SCIENTIFIC SCHOOL “INNOVATIVE APPROACHES AND METHODS OF EXPERIMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY”
Scientific Supervisor: the Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor Vladimir Aleksandrovich Barabanschikov
The total number of members of the scientific school: 22, including:
• the number of young (up to 35 years) members of the scientific school: 11;
• number of Doctors of Sciences-members of scientific school staff: 3;
• number of Candidates of Sciences-members of scientific school staff: 12.
The main directions of research:
• the study of psychological mechanisms of cognitive processes in the solution of cognitive-communicative tasks by human on the material of the specific problems of psychological science: interpersonal perception and distributed cognition and joint activities;
• experimental study of the system of determinants of the perception of facial expressions in real and vicarious communication;
• experimental study of the patterns of interaction processes of cognition, communication and activities.
The main achievements of the scientific school
• The influence of occlusion of a human face shown in the portrait on the success of its identification according to the existing semantic description was studied, as well as on the perception of his age and individual psychological characteristics;
• The phenomenon of perceptual confidence was studied;
• Peculiarities of oculomotor activity while performing the combined task of identification/discrimination of transient expressions of the face were studied;
• Peculiarities of identification of emotional expressions of a man by his face during the fast movements of the eyes were studied;
• The analysis of the methodological problems in the study of oculomotor activity in communicative situations was conducted.