Research and Practical Center of Emergency Psychological Aid (CEPA) was created in the structure of MSUPE in accordance with the order of Moscow Department of Education in September 2002.
The main objectives of the center:
- scientific-methodical and scientific-practical support of the activities of educational institutions in the city of Moscow concerning creation of a psychologically safe educational environment, provision of emergency psychological aid
- provision of emergency psychological aid to subjects of educational process in crisis and emergency situations
Main activities of the center:
- research in the field of psychological safety of educational environment, psychology of crisis and emergency situations
- development and implementation of psychological safety models of the educational environment
- provision of emergency psychological aid to individuals who are in crisis and emergency situations
The tasks of the staff of the center include:
- providing emergency psychological assistance to subjects of educational environment (by the means of emergency response and psychological counseling sector and of remote counseling sector “Child helpline”)
- psychological counseling of children, parents, and workers of educational sphere in crisis situations
- organization and provision of academic support for the specialists of educational institutions, counseling centers, centers of psychological, medical and social support
- organization of advanced training courses in key areas of center activities
- development of a model of psychological security of the educational environment in the framework of the City experimental platform
- psychological support of people of extreme professions
- organization and conduction of practical work of students and volunteers on the basis of the Center
- scientific and methodological activities in key areas of center activities, including preparation and holding of scientific conferences, seminars, round tables
The idea of creation of the Center of emergency psychological aid belongs to the rector of MSUPE Vitaly Rubtsov. In the formation and development of the center a great contribution was made by:
- Candidates of Sciences – E. V. Burmistrova, N. G. Maksutova, V. V. Semenov, I. A. Savchenko, S. A. Shevtsov, A. I. Krasilo, N.N. Budreika
- Psychologists – V. A. Khailova, E. V. Krutilina, M. F. Aleksandrov, N. Yu. Fedonina, M. V. Komarova, E. V. Orlova, A. N. Mikhailov
The staff of the Center together with the specialists of crisis units of the city and with the direct participation of psychologists SPC “Psychology of extreme situations” of the Psychological Institute RAS (head- Zakharov V. A.) were actively involved in provision of emergency psychological aid to victims of emergency situations in Moscow (1999-2002), in Volgodonsk (1999), in the North Caucasus, in Vidyaevo settlement (2001), in liquidation of consequences of terrorist act on Dubrovka (October 2002), in Yessentuki (2003), victims in the subway, “Transvaal Park” (2004), Beslan (2004) etc.
The center cooperates with the city emergency response services, the Moscow service of psychological assistance to the population, the Moscow office of Children’s Rights Commissioner, PPMS Centres, The Serbsky State Scientific Center for Social and Forensic Psychiatry, educational institutions of University District MSUPE, laboratory psychological security of the Herzen Russian State Pedagogical University, autonomous non-profit organizations (particularly ANO “Resistance” and ANO “Ethnosphere”), social rehabilitation center for juveniles “Krasnoselsky”, Russian Charitable Foundation for children in difficult life situations, the National Fund for child protection from abuse.
State targets for scientific-research work in 2015:
- Emergency and crisis psychological assistance to subjects of educational environment in Moscow. Tertiary prevention of suicidal behavior of students (2015-2016 academic year);
- Provision of remote emergency psychological assistance “Child helpline”;
- City event “Series of summer workshops for children – family members of a special cohort their parents and counselors aimed at psychological-pedagogical support of the environment children’s recreation camp (“Kupavna”, “Oka”);
- Methodical support of activity of social pedagogues, teachers (class teachers), other representatives of educational organizations subordinated to the Department of Education of Moscow, in the field of prevention of risk of suicidal moods among students through conducting webinars;
- Monitoring of risk factors for suicidal tendencies of students of 7-11 grades (pilot survey);
- Development of targeted programs (advanced training programs) preventing manifestations of extremism in the youth educational institutions of Moscow and others.
The center of emergency psychological aid is:
- research laboratory “Scientific and methodological support of emergency psychological aid”
- Department of monitoring and examination of safety of the educational environment
- Department of “Psychological assistance to subjects of education”
o sector of emergency response and psychological counseling
o sector of remote consultations “Child helpline”
Project of the Center – Child helpline
Address: Moscow, Shelepihinskaya emb., 2A, b. 2, 3rd floor.
Phone / fax: +7 (499) 795-15-07.
Research laboratory “Scientific and methodological support of of emergency psychological aid”:
Phone / fax: +7 (499) 795-18-13.
Sector of emergency response and psychological counseling:
Phone / fax: +7 (499) 795-15-01.
Fax: +7 (499) 795-15-07.
Sector of remote conseling “Child helpline”:
+7 (499) 795-15-03.
Fax: +7 (499) 795-15-07.
Department of monitoring and examination of the security of the educational environment
+7 (495) 975-27-09.